- A series of 20 questions about your child’s behaviour.
- Identifies children of 16 to 30 months of age who should receive a more thorough assessment for early signs of autism or developmental delay.
- Designed to be administered to parents/guardians and interpreted by pediatric providers in the context of developmental observation.
- Screening can be found in Child Health Record Book (0-6 years old) and used during routine paediatric check-ups.
- For further information, please refer to the nearest Health Clinic.
What if my child score is a risk for autism?
Make an appointment with your child’s doctor as soon as possible to go over the results of the test. Print the results of the M-CHAT before you visits the doctor. The doctor will review the M-CHAT-R results with you to confirm the results and may possibly refer your child to paediatrician.
Download The Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers, Revised (M-CHAT-R) HERE